epic jackfruit nachos
you all seriously need to make these nachos! like right now! you know those restaurant style nachos that are loaded with shredded, seasoned chicken, refried beans and oozing with melty cheese?? well these are them, but with much better for you ingredients! and here they are just in time for the super bowl 🙌 it doesn't get much better than this!
seriously, this dish is perfect for a snack, but you could also totally get away with making it for dinner.. that's what we did. and the best part is that it takes under 15 minutes to make and it's easy as 1, 2, 3! just open up a couple packages, toss them into the skillet and add some diced avocado and jalapeno slices and that's it, they're ready to eat. so stop what you're doing and go make these!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2||5 mins.||10 mins.||15 mins.|
- 1 bag tortilla chips (i use sea salt Siete grain free tortilla chips)
- 1 package Upton's chili lime carnitas jackfruit
- 2/3 of a can of refried beans
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella (if you use vegan cheese, let it sit at room temp for half an hour for better melting results)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 a jalapeno, sliced
- hot sauce, optional
- preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- empty bag of tortillas into a cast iron skillet or onto a sheet pan.
- top with jackfruit, dollops of refried beans, and shredded cheese.
- place skillet in the oven, for approximately 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- remove skillet from the oven and top with avocado, jalapeno, parsley and cilantro. finsih with a few dashes of hot sauce if you're feeling brave!