i am OBSESSED with breakfast tacos/burritos.. pretty much whenever i go to a restaurant for breakfast, you can always count on me ordering a breakfast burrito, but for some reason i just never think to make them at home. then the other morning when i couldn't decide what i wanted to eat for breakfast, my little one suggested i make a burrito! it was the best idea EVER! it ended up turning into a breakfast taco because i made too much stuffing to fill the tortilla, but that's ok because it tasted just as delicious!! and i've been eating them non-stop since!
these are so incredibly satisfying and delicious and they only take about 5 minutes to make! and if you make a little less filling (or get a burrito sized tortilla) you could even roll them up and take them to eat on the go! these are such a great savory breakfast option if you ever feel like you need to switch things up. go make some!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1||2 mins.||5 mins.||7 mins.|
- 1 tortilla
- 2 field roast apple maple breakfast sausages, sliced
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 tblsp. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 an avocado
- fresh chives
- heat a nonstick pan over low-medium heat. spray with oil.
- saute the sausage for a couple minutes until browned.
- add eggs and scramble them as the cook.
- while the eggs are cooking, dice the avocado and chop up some fresh parsley and cilantro.
- once the eggs are cooked, season them with salt and pepper and then add the shredded mozzarella. let it sit on the eggs in the pan until it melts slightly.
- toast the tortilla by placing it on a lit stove top until it is slightly crispy.
- transfer egg and sausage mixture onto the tortilla and top it with avocado, parsley and chives.