sauteed kale and hummus english muffins
I’ve been really into savory breakfasts lately and I’ve been on a HUGE English muffin kick ever since making those Tofu Benedicts and trying Ezekiel Sprouted Grain English Muffins for the first time. I love them so much, I just can’t stop eating them! 😋😋😋 I just tried them for the first time a couple weeks ago and I’ve already enjoyed them in so many different ways with so many different toppings. And this 👆 was one of my favorite ways, right up there with the Benedicts. So good, that I just had to share…
It’s a great savory breakfast option that’s so quick and easy to put together… All you need is an English muffin, a couple handfuls of kale, a tomato and some hummus. I used O'Dang Dillionaire Hummus, which was awesome in this recipe, but you can use whatever kind you like or might have in your fridge... And what better way to start off the day than with a tasty serving of some dark leafy greens and hummus?? 🌱🍅 Yes, Puh-leaseeeee! 🙋🏻
Another great way to enjoy this, especially if you’re looking for a reeeeeally hearty breakfast, is to add some Fieldroast Mexican Chipotle Sausage to the mix—just crumble it up and sauté it along with the kale.
And there you have it... some major breakfast noms... step aside, Egg McMuffin. 🙅🏻
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2||2 mins.||3 mins.||5 mins.|
- 4 packed cups chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Ezekiel Sprouted Grain English Muffins
- 4 tablespoons Hummus
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 Fieldroast Mexican Chipotle Sausage, optional
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish, optional
- Cut English muffins in half and toast until browned and crispy.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and sausage to the pan (if using), crumbling it with a spatula as it cooks. Cook for about 2 minutes, then add kale. If you don’t use sausage, simply add olive oil and kale to the hot pan. Season kale with garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss in the pan until the kale has wilted slightly, just a few minutes should do the trick. Remove from heat.
- When the English muffins are toasted, spread 1 tablespoon of hummus on each half. Top with kale, sliced tomatoes and basil.
- Serve and enjoy!