Sauteed Kale and Mushroom Wraps
For this week’s mid-week inspiration, we’re throwing some sandwich action into the mix with these wraps. We haven’t posted a sandwich recipe in a while and I absolutely love a good sandwich for lunch, so we decided to share this quick and easy Kale and Mushroom Wrap recipe. This wrap has the perfect balance of tenderness and crunchiness and also of savory and sweet. The artichokes, olives and mushrooms are nice and tender, while the cooked kale is soft, but still has a little bit of a crunch to it. And the brininess of the kalamata olives is balanced perfectly with the sweetness of the grape tomatoes.
The great thing about a sandwich recipe like this is that if you don’t have certain ingredients on hand, you can use what you have, or substitute things that you don’t like with things that you do. If you want to make an even quicker version of this recipe, you can skip the sautéing step and use raw mushrooms and kale and just omit the garlic—the taste of raw garlic might be overpowering. Either way you do it, it’s a quick and healthy lunch option.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2 wraps||7 mins.||8 mins.||15 mins.|
- 2 cups packed kale, cut or ripped into one inch pieces
- 1 8 ounce package of Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 wraps
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Artichoke hearts
- Heat a large pan over low to medium heat. Add olive to the pan, followed by Cremini mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until mushrooms have shrunk and softened.
- Add garlic and kale to the pan and sauté until kale has wilted.
- Lay wraps onto a flat surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of hummus over each wrap. Top each wrap with half of the sautéed kale and mushrooms.
- Top with desired amount of cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and artichoke hearts. Roll up by folding the two sides over and then rolling one end up to the other.