Mediterranean Kale Salad
I decided to throw in a little mid-week salad inspiration in between this week and next week’s recipe posts since I posted two recipes last week for our football party themed collaboration with BeerUndercover and changed the day for posting this week. This isn’t a full-blown recipe, but more of an idea for a quick mid-week lunchtime salad. It’s light, healthy and quick and easy to throw together.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1||5 mins.||0 mins.||5 mins.|
- 2 packed cups of kale, cut or ripped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 heaping tablespoon of hummus
*I always seem to have a jar of kalamata olives, Kirkland marinated artichoke hearts, and Hannah Organic Hummus from Costco on hand at home and I’m a big fan of all three. Whole Foods also sells grilled artichoke hearts in the refrigerated area of the produce department (they are sold in plastic bags) that are very good.
- Wash and dry kale and place in a medium size mixing bowl. Pour apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper over kale. Massage kale leaves with vinegar, salt and pepper, using your hands. Transfer to a serving bowl (or keep in mixing bowl).
- Top massaged kale with artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, and a spoonful of hummus.
- Serve and enjoy!