maple miso mustard glazed carrots
these carrots are absolutely divine! they're sweet, savory, slightly salty and tangy and soooo delicious! to be honest, they're even great raw! this sauce makes a great glaze for roasted carrots or even a great dipping sauce for raw carrot sticks. i could munch on these ALL dayyyy long!
i used a chili infused maple syrup in this recipe and added a dash of cayenne to add just a hint of spice to these. they aren't overwhelmingly spicy at all, but just have a really nice kick at the end. but if spice isn't your thing, you can definitely just use regular maple syrup and omit the cayenne pepper and they'll be just as good! or if you're like me and LOVE spice, but only have regular maple syrup, you could just add a couple more dashes of cayenne pepper for that extra kick.
they make a great side dish to almost any dinner! we had them along with some coffee bbq rubbed grilled chicken and the 2 were such great complements to one another! if you have a trader joe's near you, you should definitely try out this rub on chicken.
they also taste great cold the next day. hope you enjoy!!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2-4||10 mins.||25-30 mins.||35 mins.|
- 9 carrots
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of mellow white miso
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- peel and cut carrots into approximately 1 inch long uniformly thick pieces.
- in a medium mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, miso, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne. stir until combined.
- add the carrots to the glaze and toss them with a spoon until coated.
- transfer carrots to a parchment lines baking sheet and bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until tender and slightly crispy on the outside.
- serve and enjoy!