butternut squash turmeric latte
this latte though.. we just got back from a road trip with stops in chatanooga, nashville, knoxville, gatlinburg, louisville, asheville, charleston and orlando. and of course, we ate lots of yummy food along the way!! one of the most memorable things we enjoyed was a butternut squash turmeric latte at a little, healthy quick service restaurant called BimBeriBon in asheville, north carolina. it literally smelled just like a fall candle and tasted like a mix between a gingerbread cookie and pumpkin pie. it was warm, cozy and absolutely heavenly. of course, i couldn't stop thinking about it the whole way home and as soon as we got home i knew i had to try to recreate it. and it happened to be perfect. not only because it was delicious, but it reminded me so much of our trip and it happened to be 60 degrees in miami for the first time all year!! i wish it were sweater weather all year round!
the ingredients for this drink are really simple and clean. i enjoyed it just the way it was, but you could even add some coffee to it if you're in need of an extra pick me up. i made one for my baby daddy and added about 1/4 cup of cold brew espresso to his.. i tasted it and thought it was delicious (it reminded me of a super rich and creamy pumpkin spice latte) and he loved it too! 👏 this drink is so rich and creamy and perfectly epitomizes fall! 🎃
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2||5 mins.||8 mins.||13 mins.|
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup steamed butternut squash
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon maple butter (or maple syrup, optional)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup cold brew coffee or espresso (optional)
- steam butternut squash until tender (i put 1/2 cup of cubed butternut squash in the steamer for about 8 minutes).
- then transfer the hot squash to a high power blender (i use a vitamix) along with the rest of the ingredients.
- blend on high for about 2 minutes (this will ensure that there are no chunks to settle at the bottom and will also help heat it through).