It seems like nobody has been able to escape the cold lately! ❄️ Even us Miamians have been bundled up, donning jackets and scarves with our flips flops… seriously though, it hit 46 degrees here! ❄️ I’ve seen pictures and videos all over Facebook and Instagram of people 🏂 snowboarding down the street, swan-diving into the snow and doing all sorts of crazy things with the snow… including eating it. 🍧 So I figured, even though right now might not be the most appropriate time to be eating frozen treats, if you can’t beat them, join them!
So this week’s Midweek Minnie is a fun, icy treat—healthy (er) ice cream sandwiches! And they’re so quick and easy to make!
For ours, we made some peanut butter nicecream and sandwiched it between two ginnybakes Dreamy Vegan Delight cookies. I will say that though they are delicious and go so well with the peanut butter flavored nicecream, they are a little bit harder than ideal for ice cream sandwiches. We ended up throwing ours into bowls and, crushing the cookie up in the ice cream and eating them with a spoon. You can use your favorite chewy cookie 🍪 for this recipe and make whatever flavor nicecream you like to sandwich between them. Or you could scoop your nicecream into a bowl and top with cookie crumbles and other toppings! Either way you enjoy it, it’s a delicious and healthy treat!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|3||5 mins.||0 mins.||5 mins.|
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- 6 cookies
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Place peanut butter and frozen banana in a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. You’ll have to stop and go a few times, scooping the mixture away from the sides of the blender and towards the blades. After a couple minutes of pulsing and scraping, you’ll have a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Spoon an ice cream scoop full of the nicecream onto the bottom of a cookie and top, pressing gently, with another cookie. Roll your cookie sandwiches in topping or toppings of your choice.
- Enjoy immediately or if your nicecream has gotten too soft, place cookie sandwiches in the freezer for a few minutes until firm.