golden kale bowl
This sauce though… 🙌 Back in high school I practically lived off of chop chops from chicken kitchen. Someone tell me I’m not the only one who used to dump about 5 containers—more or less, probably more—of the Mustard-Curry sauce over my dish before devouring it… 😳 I mean, come on, it’s all about the sauce!
The other day I was tinkering around with some ingredients in the kitchen to make a sauce for some kale and quinoa I had just made. And with a jar of curry powder in hand, of course mustard-curry sauce came to mind.
I poured some of my liquid gold over my vibrant green bowl of kale and quinoa and just sat back and let the magic happen. 🏆 The rich, creamy, slightly tangy sauce was the perfect complement to the bold flavor of the tender, sautéed kale leaves. It’s perfect served over a bed of seasoned quinoa and black beans or over plain white rice. It’s hearty, comforting, and so quick and easy to make—it might just be my new favorite go-to dish!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2||2 mins.||5 mins.||7 mins.|
- 4 packed cups of kale, broken into small (1 – 2 inch) pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¾ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, optional
- Dash of paprika
- Dash of black pepper
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisking together. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and kale. Add garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Toss frequently until kale is wilted and tender.
- Top cooked kale with mustard curry sauce and enjoy!
- Serving Suggestions: Serve over quinoa or rice.