buffalo tempeh salad
Summer is definitely upon us and with temperatures creeping into the mid-90s, and humidity doing what it does, I’ve been feeling like I’ve been living in a giant sauna lately. It’s definitely time to break out the bathing suits, misting fans, and best of all, the summer salad recipes! Because there’s no time more appropriate than a scalding summer day for a nice crisp, refreshing salad.
This Buffalo Tempeh Salads is one of my all time favorites. A bed of light, crispy greens topped with spicy buffalo tempeh, avocado, tomatoes and a creamy ranch dressing. And the best part is, it can be made in less than 20 minutes! So take a break from the warm meals, and cool off with a hearty, satisfying salad that will leave you feeling full and refreshed.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2||5 mins.||12 mins.||17 mins.|
- 1 8 ounce package of tempeh
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 container of spring mix or baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 4 tablespoons Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Cut tempeh into bite-sized cubes. Add tempeh to the boiling water and boil for approximately 7-9 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a medium pan, over low to medium heat, combine Earth Balance, hot sauce, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar. Whisk frequently until sauce begins to simmer and thicken slightly.
- Add the tempeh to the sauce, tossing it until the tempeh is coated all around and has absorbed all the sauce. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare dressing by combining vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice, paprika, remaining garlic powder, black pepper and salt in a small bowl and whisking together until combined.
- Prepare salad by topping greens with tomato, avocado, tempeh and drizzling with a generous amount of creamy dressing.
- Serve and Enjoy!