Cookie Monster Pancakes
Sometimes we have those “that just happened” moments in our kitchen… Those moments when we take a bite of something so epic that we can’t believe we actually created it! This was one of those moments…
These Cookie Monster Pancakes embody all things cookie… There are cookies 👉👈 inside the pancakes and 👇 on top, 3 ways! From the ginnybakes’ Dreamy Vegan Delight cookies in the batter itself to the heaping spoonful of cookie butter on top, we have no doubt that the Cookie Monster himself would go insane for these! 🍪 We sure did!
The best part about these pancakes is that they’re actually pretty 🍌 healthy 🍌, way healthier than traditional pancakes. And with the exception of the cookie butter we used, they’re gluten-free! So go ahead and do yourself a favor… Put your phone down, close your laptop, stop drooling over these pictures and go ahead and make yourself a stack right now! You won’t regret it! 😜
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10-12 pancakes||5 mins.||10 mins.||15 mins.|
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 ginnybakes Dreamy Vegan Delight cookies
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds (optional)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Olive oil for greasing pan or griddle, unless you use a non-stick pan
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cookie butter*
- 1 dark chocolate truffle (optional)
- 1 raspberry (optional)
*The pancakes in this recipe are gluten free and so is everything else, except the Speculoos Cookie Butter that we used as a topping. I highly recommend the cookie butter in this recipe, so if you're gluten-free, make sure to find a gluten free version in stores or a gluten free cookie butter recipe online! I already checked, they're out there!
- Place oats, 2 cookies, cinnamon and chia seeds (if using) in blender and blend on high until the oats and cookies are ground into a powder.
- Add the banana and pulse a few times until mashed into the ground oat mixture.
- Then add the almond milk and vanilla extract to the blender and pulse just until everything is mixed.
- Heat a griddle or a pan over low to medium heat. Lightly grease with olive (if you are not using a non-stick pan).
- Using a ladle, spoon pancake batter onto griddle or pan and cook until the face-up side starts to brown and dry up around the edge and the face-down side achieves a golden-brown color. Then flip and continue to cook until the other side is golden-brown (use a spatula to slightly lift to peek).
- When the pancakes are done, stack 'em and top them with peanut butter, cookie butter, dark chocolate truffle and remaining cookies! To decorate them like these 👇 pop the peanut into a Ziploc bag and snip off a corner. Squeeze the peanut butter out as you move over the pancakes back and forth to create a drizzle. Chop up one cookie and sprinkle over the top. Finally top the center of the stack with the spoonful of cooking butter and stick the chocolate truffle and the last cookie right on top of that!