Pasta with garlic pretty much speaks for itself… So, this recipe isn’t the cleanest or nutrient rich, but we’re all entitled to a bowl of garlicky pasta every once in a while. Right? Plus, there are some pastas out there that are healthier than others, like some gluten free options that are made out of brown rice and quinoa. You can use whatever type of pasta you’d like for this recipe, so take a night to indulge.
- 1 pound uncooked pasta of your choice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon for zest
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 2 tablespoon of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to directions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and shallots to the pan. Sauté the shallots until they are softened and browned.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper seeds. Zest the lemon over the pan. When the garlic has become a golden color, remove from heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and toss into the pan. Juice the 1/4 lemon over the pasta and sprinkle in the parsley and basil. Toss once again, and enjoy!