Pumpkin "Nice" Latte
Who's ready to spice up this Hump Day with a Pumpkin “Nice” Latte that’s cruelty free and won’t break the bank?? I’ll admit that I might have been craving a Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte since the moment fall officially began this year, but, unfortunately, there’s no dairy-free option for the PSL. For about a month now I’ve been able to resist my urge for one, but now that were just days away from Halloween, fall isn’t feeling quite right for me without being able to enjoy one of my favorite seasonal drinks. So, yesterday, as we were about to sit down and start carving our pumpkins, I decided I wanted to really get myself in the mood for the Halloween festivities by making myself a homemade version of the PSL. This homemade version is quite a bit healthier than other Coffee Shop alternatives filled with flavored syrups and refined sugar. This one is sweetened with agave instead of refined sugar and is made with real pumpkin puree and vanilla extract, instead of their respective flavored syrups. Now that I’ve had my PSL fix, I’m totally geared up for Halloween! And I'm sure I'll be making many more of these in the near future.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1||5 mins.||0 mins.||5 mins.|
- 8 ounces brewed coffee
- 4 ounces almond milk, unflavored and unsweetened
- 3 teaspoons agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 heaping tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine coffee, almond milk, agave, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a Ball Jar. Seal the jar with the lid on tight and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- To make an ice latte, allow brewed coffee to cool to room temperature, then perform step 1. Then add ice and enjoy!
- To make a hot latte, brew coffee and heat almond milk in a small saucepan on the stovetop until warm. Then perform step one and enjoy!