pumpkin spice bread
what's not to love about pumpkin spice bread?? even better when it only takes ten minutes and a couple of bowls to make, right?!
usually, around this time of year (well, really, pretty much as soon as i can get away with pretending it's fall all the way through christmas) i am ALL about ALL things pumpkin. but this year, for some reason, i haven't really been feeling it as much. maybe it's the weird pregnancy cravings, but i've been so much more into other kinds of squash this season. finally, the other day i got into full on pumpkin mode and had to have some pumpkin spice bread.
so my little and i whipped up a quick and easy batch with better for you ingredients. we used 2 chia eggs instead of real eggs, and coconut sugar and molasses instead of granulated white or brown sugar, almond milk instead of dairy milk and other organic ingredients. i also used Thrive® Algae Oil in this recipe because i really don't like using vegetable oil or canola oil and this oil is a really great substitute for those in terms of flavor–and it has the highest level of monounsaturated fat, the good fat that is more heat stable, than any other cooking oil. i normally add coconut oil or avocado oil to my baking recipes because they both have high smoke points, but both have a pretty strong, distinct taste that will come through in baked goods. Thrive® Algae Oil has a totally neutral taste, along with a high smoke point, that didn't take away from the rich pumpkin spice flavors i was really craving. if you're looking to buy some, you can check out their website or pick some up on amazon or at publix.
this loaf is great on its own, fresh out of the oven, and is also amazing the next day or so toasted in a cast iron skillet and drizzled with maple syrup or chocolate hazelnut spread or even pumpkin butter if you have all the pumpkin feels going on like i do!! i hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1 large loaf||10 mins.||50 mins.||60 mins.|
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (ground if preferred)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup Thrive® Algae Oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons chia seeds with 6 tablespoons of water, mix well and set aside for ten minutes (until gelled).
- line a large loaf pan with parchment paper.
- in a medium mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, chia seed mixture, algae oil, almond milk, coconut sugar, molasses and vanilla extract. whisk together until well mixed.
- in a separate medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- transfer dry mixture into wet mixture and stir together, using a mixing spoon, until completely incorporated. don't over mix.
- transfer batter to parchment paper lined loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
this post is sponsored by Thrive Algae oil.