Minnie Cucumber Sushi
Who’s excited about homemade sushi that doesn’t take over an hour to make and leave behind a sticky mess with tons to clean? 🙋🏻 These raw, rice free, completely plant-based cucumber alternatives are so much healthier than the real thing and are completely no-fuss! They take just about 5 minutes to make and there’s no nori involved to scare away those leery toddlers. This is the perfect lunch or snack to satisfy the whole family!
There’s also a ton of room for creativity with these. They make a great veggie appetizer for a party or dinner party—instead of serving chips with your guacamole, try putting it in a cucumber instead. Want to fancy them up a bit for a party? Instead of topping the avocado with julienned veggies, sprinkle over some toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of sriracha. If you aren’t into radishes or carrots, replace those with something else like zucchini or bell peppers. Not a fan of guacamole? Fill your cucumbers with hummus instead. The possibilities are endless, but fun nonetheless!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1||5 mins.||0 mins.||5 mins.|
- 1 cucumber, peeled or unpeeled
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 2 radishes
- ½ an avocado
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper
- Cut cucumber into 8 approximately ¾ inch to 1-inch thick rounds.
- Using a melon baller, scoop 2/3 of the center out, leaving the bottom in tact to hold filling.
- Cut an avocado in half and scoop half into a bowl. Season with the juice of half a lime and salt and pepper to taste and mash together with a fork.
- Cut carrot into 4 approximately 1 inch chunks. Then carefully cut each chunk into fairly thin slices longways. Then cut each slice into strips.
- Slice radishes into fairly thin slices. Then cut each slice into strips.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop 1 spoonful of avocado into each cucumber round. Top each with some carrots and radishes.
- Serve and enjoy!