Cookie Dough Bites
YES YES YES YAAAAAAAAS! Healthy things do come in scrumptious, decadent packages! Now here’s where you’re gonna have to trust me. Ok? Look at that picture up there 👆… You know you want a bite of that… So, don’t go turning the page on me when I tell you that the main ingredient in this cookie dough is… dun dun dun… chick peas. I know, it may seem a little bit odd and unconventional, but fear not my friends, because chickpea puree is cookie dough’s spirit animal. 🐺 I promise. And once you add chocolate 🍫 chips to the mix… Cookie. Dough. Heaven. 🍪 So go ahead and grab a spoon and dig right in… and the best part is, there’s no need to feel guilty about it! 🙌
Not to mention that this is such a fun recipe to make with toddlers 👶! For one, according to my sources 😎, rolling the dough into balls is super cool—because the dough is squishy just like Play Doh! And parents, come on, I know you’re with me on this one… doesn’t it feel pretty good when you can let your toddler eat dessert knowing that they’re getting in some major nutrition. 💪 FOR THE WIN! 👊
And I just want to mention that there are so many ways to enjoy this recipe… 1.) straight from the bowl and spoon to the mouth; 2.) roll into balls and use as a topping for icecream, nicecream, yogurt, smoothie bowls, or even oatmeal; 3.) cut 2 pieces into shapes with a cookie cutter, freeze until firm (not frozen) and scoop a spoonful of icecream in between the two for the perfect icecream sandwich; 4.) throw some on top of a stack of pancakes; 5.) flatten two balls and place an oreo in between the two, cover the oreo with the dough and voila—oreo stuffed cookie dough. I could probably keep going for a while, but I’ll stop here. Now, go make some cookie dough! 🍪🍪🍪
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 1-inch balls||10 mins.||0 mins.||10 mins.|
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- 3 teaspoons agave
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon molasses
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a blender and puree until smooth. It will take a few minutes of pausing and scraping down the sides of the blender since the consistency is so thick, but eventually you’ll end up with a smooth cookie dough consistency.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grab a spoon and dig in! (Just kidding…)
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and either roll dough into balls between your palms or remove the dough from the bowl and roll it into one large ball. Place the large ball between two pieces of wax paper and flatten it with a rolling pin. Then, using cookie cutters, cut the dough into shapes. Serve and enjoy!