Gingerbread Smoothie Bowls
🌲☃Christmas has arrived early this year 🎉 because now you can make healthy gingerbread men for your little ones during the holidays! Gingerbread cookies have always been one of my favorite, if not my very favorite, cookie. They’re one of the things I most look forward to this time of year!
I have a friend who, every year around this time, for as long as I can remember, makes gingerbread and sugar cookies with her mom. They bake and decorate dozens and dozens of gorgeous and absolutely delicious cookies to give out to family and friends for the holidays. Year after year, I have walked into their house, the air filled with a sweet spice from the freshly baked cookies, and admired their festive display of holiday treats. 🍪 And of course, I did my fair share of sampling too... But this year I’ll be shying away from all that butter and sugar and won’t be doing too much cookie sampling. So I had to come up with my own recipe for healthy gingerbread men. And given my "mild" smoothie addiction, this is where we wound up--Gingerbread Smoothie Bowl.
This smoothie is kind of like a hybrid between a gingerbread cookie and a peanut butter cookie. It’s rich, sweet, slightly spicy and so so creamy. It makes such a great cookie alternative for dessert, but is healthy enough that you don’t have to feel guilty about serving it for breakfast. In fact, it would be the perfect way to start the day on Christmas morning!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1||5 mins.||0 mins.||5 mins.|
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup almond milk (plain, unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter + 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (optional)
- Place all ingredients, except 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in a small Ziploc bag. Snip off one corner of the bag with scissors.
- Pour the smoothie from the blender into a bowl. Using your homemade piping bag, pipe a peanut butter gingerbread man on top of the smoothie for decoration.