This sandwich is really really good. It’s flavorful, refreshing and really creamy. A lot of times I’ll make this sandwich the day after I’ve grilled some veggies because I almost always grill eggplant. Also, I almost always have these ingredients on had or some variation of them. This recipe will be enough for approximately 4 sandwiches, depending on how big the eggplant is. If you’re not serving 4, you can store the grilled eggplant and dressing in the fridge for several days and just assemble the remaining sandwiches at later times.
· 1 Eggplant
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 tomato, sliced
· 1 ½ cups alfalfa sprouts
· 8 slices of whole wheat bread
· 2 tablespoons Vegenaise
· Juice of 1/4 of a lemon
· 1 heaping tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
1. For the Dressing: Stir together the vegenaise, lemon juice, parsley and a couple dashes of of salt and pepper, each.
2. Peel the eggplant and cut into ¾ inch to one inch slices. Drizzle both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Grill eggplants until they have achieved nice grill marks. Remove eggplant from grill and let cool slightly.
4. Assemble the sandwich by spreading the dressing onto both sides of the toasted whole wheat bread. Layer one side of bread with two eggplant slices, two tomato slices and the alfalfa sprouts. Top with second piece of bread. Eat and Enjoy!